MAP's designed and fabricated Rear Big Brake Kit for Toyota MR2 Spyder (MRS). The first and only rear big brake kit designed to fit in the stock 15 inch OEM MR2 wheel with the option of keeping a parking brake (uses OEM parking brake cables) or not. Whether your looking to upgrade for purely track purposes and do not need a parking brake or the track day car that will also be daily driven, we got the stopping power you need. This kit utilizes the same big rotor as our front big brake kit allowing you to rotate rotors to get the maximum life and the biggest bang for your buck. This kit does NOT come with main caliper pads, the parking brakes pads will be included. This kit is designed to work specifically with our front big brake kit found here and will maintain the stock brake bias to 0.06 of a difference.
- Main Caliper weight is 2.26 lbs
- Parking brake weight: 3.3 lbs (with pads)
Due to the difference in caliper sizes it is not recommended to run this rear kit without the front kit.
Kit comes with the following:
- 2 Wilwood Discs
- 2 Custom Aluminum Hats (pre-drilled to 4x100, MR2 size center bore)
- 2x Wilwood Calipers
- 2x MAP Mounting Caliper Brackets
- 2x Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- All Fasteners and hardware
*** No PADS are included in this kit due to the wide variety you now have. ****
Pad compatibility backing plate is number 7912
Optional equipment (additional cost):
- 2x Customized Rear Parking Brakes
- 2x Sets of Rear Parking Brake Mounts
- 2x Parking Bracket Cable Mounts
- 4x Parking Brake Pads
- All Fasteners and Hardware
NOTE; Anodized Raw/ Powder coated may not match. Due to the process of anodizing caliper colors may not be exact match, if you want exact matching, please email us as we can offer powder coating as an extra option. The parking brake is powder coated, the rear caliper is anodized unless specified.